MOIRA LAKES SITE RULES AND PROCEDURES
A current Environment Agency license is essential.
Fly fishing only on the main lake. Bait pond – all legal methods, fish must be taken.
No ‘flickers’ or ‘boobies’ to be used on either lake.
A team of three flies is permitted. Abide by good practice catch and release.
All landing nets must be of knotless nylon; these may be borrowed on request.
No rod to be left in the water unattended.
Please report all catches to staff on leaving.
Use of Boats, Jetty / Piers, General Safety
Buoyancy aids must be worn at all times; they are available at reception.
Please inform a staff if you require Instruction on donning a buoyancy aid.
Inspect boat before entering & draw staff attention to issues.
No standing in boats, please respect other boat users space.
Boats may be slippery, enter with caution, inform staff of issues before entering
Jetties and piers may be slippery, use with caution, inform staff of issues
Ask a member of staff or make yourself aware - location of lifesaving equipment.
The Lakes Environment
Abide by the country code, take litter home or place it in the bins provided.
Please lift all leader, it can kill and maim wildlife.
Unless invited do not encroach on another angler’s space.
Use any suitable and safe fishing location around the lakes.
Children on Site
Children age 14 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
Inspect Bags, Lost or Damaged Items, Speed Limit
The management reserves the right to inspect any angler’s belongings whilst on the fishery and to refuse entry.
Management take no responsibility for anything lost or damaged on the property
Vehicles are parked at your own risk.
Without exception the speed limit on site is 5mph.
Emergency Procedures & Contact Details
In event of emergency call 999.
Our address is; 32 Old Church Lane, Aghalee, Craigavon, BT67 0EY.
Our grid reference is; Latitude 54.516513, Longitude -6.2301750.
Our telephone numbers; Land 028 9265 1421, Mob 077 4041 0783.
Water Safety Advice
Always wear something that is designed to help you float, even if you can swim.
Do not under any circumstances wade into the lakes.
When you arrive at your spot, consider what you will do if you fall into the water and consider where you can get out.
Know where you are located so that you can direct the emergency services to your area.
Flooded wellington boots or waders make it very difficult to move and can be a significant hazard. Do you need to wear them?
Always try to set up in a safe position with even ground.
Have a throw line with you and get experience in how to use it.
Be aware of your surroundings and take notice of any warning signs when out and about.
- Do not run next to open water, stay well clear of bank edges.
TERMS & CONDITIONS ACCOMMODATION
By making a booking, you agree that:-
- I have read our Terms & Conditions and agree to be bound by them;
- I consent to our use of your personal information.
- I am over 18 years of age and where there may be age restrictions in place, you declare that you and all members of your party are of the appropriate age.
- I am responsible for the behaviour of all members of your party.
* It is essential individuals and entire groups are aware of these Terms & Conditions. The person who makes the booking is responsible for ensuring that all their party is aware of the Terms & Conditions and that they are adhered to.
IF ANYONE WITHIN THE GROUP (OR INDIVIDUALS) FAILS TO ADHERE TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU WILL AUTOMATICALLY LOSE YOUR DEPOSIT AND THE RIGHT TO ANY REFUNDS AND MAYBE ASKED TO LEAVE.
- As a group booking, all monies to be paid in advance. The group’s organiser is responsible for collecting the deposits and final balances which are required to secure the booking.
- On day of arrival all those attending will need to report into our Reception to identify themselves and sign our declaration.
- Only those guests originally booked are permitted to stay on site. Any extra guests will only be permitted on site at our discretion. If extra guests are permitted to stay, then extra charges will be incurred. The site owners also need to know about any day guests (i.e those not staying the night). They will also need to sign in at reception.
- Where the majority of the party is under 21 or includes any person(s) who are normally closely supervised, there must be sufficient capable and responsible adults over the age of 21 to provide adequate supervision for the party and each member of it. One such identified person must be present for the duration of the break and accept overall responsibility for the whole party.
- If we incur costs in providing assistance or supervision to your party we reserve the right to claim compensation from you.
- A £50 security deposit per pod is required when checking in. This will be reimbursed at check out, provided no damage has be done to the pods or extra costs have been accumulated.
- Smoking inside the pods is strictly prohibited.
- No music is permitted on site after 10:00pm.
- You are NOT permitted to bring your own campfire – we can provide a fire pit for you. Please DO NOT use any branches, timber or other items you may find around Moira Lakes. Collection of fire wood from around the site is prohibited. – You may only use the timber provided by Moira Lakes at an additional fee.
- If you would like to make use of the BBQ, you must bring your own food and utensils. Moira Lakes can can supply lighting materials or disposable BBQ's at an additional fee.
- When enjoying yourselves here at Moira Lakes, particularly at night, please be considerate of other guests. Noise levels MUST be kept to a minimum after 10:00pm. If this rule is broken, then we reserve the right to ask noisy/disruptive guests to leave.
- Children must be kept under control during your stay. If there is excessive unrest, we reserve the right to ask noisy/disruptive guests to leave.
- Moira Lakes at night is a quiet, peaceful, rural haven and is not the site for you if you want a ‘party’ venue.
- Pods must be vacated in the same condition as they were received. They must be left clean, tidy and free from rubbish.
- We ask that all guests check out by 11am. Check in can be anytime between 2:00pm - 5.30pm. Outside these times, you must call ahead and arrange with the office.
- The toilets are to be respected and kept in a clean and tidy condition.
- You must not litter or leave waste behind.
- Any rubbish must be collected and placed in the bins provided. (Bin bags are available on request)
- Bathing and Swimming in the lake is strictly prohibited.
- By booking you agree that we have the right either during or after your stay to recover from you, (whether via the credit/charge or debit card, used) to pay for the break or otherwise, the costs of any property or accommodation damage, and/or any compensation we may pay to others, and/or any other costs, fees or levies which we may incur, resulting from your action or inaction and from any breach of this agreement.
- Terms and Conditions will be adhered to at all times.
- We reserve the right to ask any group or individual to leave the site if these Terms and Conditions are not upheld, without refunds.